If you are an employer or contractor in any field of expertise, it is important that you are aware of all the potential pitfalls that can occur on the job, and how the right insurance can protect you from any unforeseen complications down the line. This is a specific type of insurance for the medium to large contractor and standard policy cover is included in a Combined Liability Package and or Contractors All Risks Package. These include:-
- Public Liability: Public Liability Insurance should be considered if members of the public, clients or customers visit your premises. If you run a home-business, and customers sometimes visit you there, public liability cover might also be a good idea.
- Employers Liability: This is compulsory liability insurance if your business has anything from 1 employee. Employers have many legal duties and obligations towards their employee’s whilst they are at work, the most important of these relates to their health and safety.
Contractors All Risks
- Permanent and Temporary Workers
- Constructional Plant and Tools
- Employee Tools and Personal Effects
- Temporary Buildings (Site Huts etc)
- Hired in Plant
- Content of Show Houses